Many tables in WholeCell have a "Download" button that exports a CSV for reporting or analysis.
In cases where a table does not have a Download button and you need to export it to a CSV, there's a handy Chrome Extension called Table Capture ($12/year) that we recommend.
The developer behind Table Capture has offered WholeCell customers a 25% discount code: "WHOLECELL" that can be entered during checkout -- reducing the cost to $9/year.
Using Table Capture
1. Once you've installed the Table Capture chrome extension and purchased a license, open the WholeCell page with a table you want to export. For this
example I am using the Sales Orders page.
2. Open the Table Capture 'workshop' by right clicking on the table or through the extensions toolbar in Chrome:
3. Now, with the workshop open, enable the toggle for "Dynamic Tables":
4. Click "Toggle auto-paging":
5. Now the extension asks you to identify the "Next" button so that it can automatically navigate through all pages of the table. You'll need to move the workshop to the top of your screen and then scroll down to find the "Next" button at the bottom of the table in WholeCell:
6. Once you hit the "Next" button, that's it! Table Capture will begin loading a new page of the table automatically every few seconds and building up the total number of rows available for you to export.
If you see a red banner that says "Unable to auto-page", ignore it. As long as you see the table keep refreshing and the Preview Data increasing, the auto-paging is working.
7. When the table has finished auto-paging you can use any of these buttons to export the data to a CSV, Excel file, Google Sheets, Office 365, or even copy it to your clipboard: