Setting up your Dymo LabelWriter printer on Mac requires three general steps:
- Download and install the printer driver
- Add the printer to your Printers & Scanners
- Configure the printer's preferences
1. Download and install the printer driver
- Download the latest Mac driver from the Dymo support website.
- Launch the downloaded program and install the drivers.
- Plug in your printer.
2. Add the printer to your Printers & Scanners
The printer should automatically show up in your Printers & Scanners menu (System Preferences > Printers & Scanners)
If the printer doesn't show up automatically, click the + button at the bottom left of the printer menu and add it manually:
3. Configure the printer's preferences
To get the printer to print clean barcodes on our labels (ones we can scan on the first try), we have to adjust the print resolution.
- Follow this guide to enable the CUPS printer interface
- Go to http://localhost:631/printers/ in your browser
- If CUPS is enabled, you'll see a page like this:
4. Click on the Dymo LabelWriter. Then, see the screencast below for setting the default settings on your printer:
That's it! Now you should be able to print crisp labels on your Dymo Labelwriter with your Mac. 🎉