Setting up your Dymo LabelWriter printer on Windows requires three general steps:
Download and install the printer driver
Add the printer to your Devices and Printers Control Panel
Configure the printer's preferences
1. Download and install the printer driver
Download the latest Windows driver from the Dymo support website.
Launch the downloaded program and install the drivers.
Plug in your printer.
2. Add the printer to your Devices and Printers Control Panel
Go to your Devices and Printers folder from the Control Panel.
Click Add a Printer and select your DYMO from the list of connected printers that appears.
3. Configure the printer's preferences
The following screen capture illustrates the next steps:
1. Right-click the DYMO LabelWriter 450 icon and click Printing Preferences
2. Make sure the Orientation is set to Portrait, then click Advanced in the Printing Preferences popup.
3. Make sure the paper size is set correctly to the label size you're using. Then set the follwing:
Graphic > Print Quality to "300 x 600 dots per inch"
Printer Features > Print Quality to "Barcodes and Graphics"
Printer Features > Print Density to "Medium" -- play with this value to find the light/darkness setting of the label you like best.
4. Click OK and then Apply to save the settings and you're done! 🎉